Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Have a good phonecall with old school friend Ria who now directs and produces a lot of theatre. I’m mainly calling to ask advice re: directing and working with the actors, which is the main thing I’m a little unsure of. She talks me through how she runs rehearsals and first meets and so on which is great, really useful stuff, that I basically knew but makes me feel a lot better to know I wasn’t on the wrong track with it.

Her major points were:
• Clarity
• Assume they have confidence in you
• Be confident that they think you’re great
• Don’t umm and ah
• Don’t be too eager to please
• Don’t be rude
• Make it all about the project
• Must be organized, neat and well-run
• Be firm but kind (to which I said, “just like when you’re looking after kids”, which she laughed at but agreed with)

No comments:

Post a Comment