Monday, August 23, 2010

D.I.Y. Music Labels Embrace D.I.Y. Film

Interesting article in the NYT about the worlds of indie film and indie music colliding:

"Jagjaguwar is one of a number of indie music labels and hybrid companies that have turned to film distribution, some following the model laid out by seminal punk labels like Dischord and Touch and Go: stay small and informal, know your audience, and put out stuff you like. In the last few years, both the independent film world and the independent music world have stratified, shrunk by digital sales, a crowded entertainment market and the collapse of major specialty divisions. Money is harder to come by now. But experimentation can rule, and a few players have found that there’s a niche, and a clear overlap, in putting out D.I.Y. music and D.I.Y. film. "

Read full article here: D.I.Y. Music Labels Embrace D.I.Y. Film


No comments:

Post a Comment