Thursday, January 21, 2010

First class this evening of the Raindance Director's Foundation Certificate. Decided right before Christmas to do it as it's not super expensive and I think it'll give me a little more confidence with this film. Forget to double check the address before I leave work so have to make a guess as to which door it is (I do at least remember the street). We're down in a basement rehearsal room - and the class is much bigger than I expected. The last evening class I took was the Euroscript script editing one over a year ago, and before that it was script reading, both of which have a class size of about 10. There are more like 40 people or something here, which takes me by surprise. I sit quietly to the side (wallflower? me?), watching people: the dominant personalities come to the forefront very quickly. We spend the class analysing introduction scenes from Thelma & Louise and Brazil, breaking down the characters and coming up with backstory from what's implied in their descriptions. Very interesting.

Walk home from class, running things over in my head. Hard to tell from one session how much it's going to be worth. Get home and have catch up phone call with Cici about auditions and the like; round off the night with The Funhouse, which is a totally different film than I imagined it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment