Monday, January 11, 2010

Okay, this is it. Last week was the "ease back into work" week. This week, we're getting things done. My resolution to myself to be organised to the point of almost giving myself a schedule kicks off this week. I have movie dates a couple of nights but otherwise my plans are gym-dinner-writing and/or preproduction. All the way. I need to get some Adderall. Or just train myself. Perhaps I should draw up a nicely-coloured timetable for myself. That’s always a good way to procrastinate...

I’ve had the Stacked Deck story on my mind quite a lot recently - the more I think about it, the more I want to try and get that shot pretty shortly after Playtime's Over, while we've still got the crew and momentum - so re-read the initial feedback and make some notes for the redraft, which I think will actually work way better.

Later – get email from Laura about the new Playtime’s Over ending, and realise I’ve been totally misinterpreting what she was trying to say. The way she saw the other guy dying was to completely cut a beat out, not change it as I had been doing. This actually makes way more sense and makes it a lot cleaner. Plus, she totally understands my Clark Gable crush: “It’s TOTALLY understandable to be in love with Clark Gable – he’s a cad and a hottie and from a bygone era where men were men and none of them owned GHDs…good times!

Shun off gym – just can’t quite face it tonight – go home and crash out for an hour then it’s productivity a-go-go. Redraft PO as per Laura’s now-understood note and send it out, then sit down to tackle the total redraft of Stacked Deck. With minimal procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment