Saturday, January 9, 2010

My sister, Fi, convinces me to go stay in Finsbury for the evening as both her roomies are out (she's so bad at spending time by herself!) Laura is still in when I get there so we have a quick catch up about the latest draft of the Playtime's Over script: she has some valid points about the Madonna speech in the first scene, and then brings up again the point of a different character dying. She’d mentioned this in her script notes in December and Cici and I had both loved the idea and discussed it in a meeting, but couldn't quite figure out how to make it work. Laura’s pretty strong on this point that she thinks it makes the whole thing more poignant so it's on the back burner all evening while we're watching Gone With The Wind (Clark Gable, I love you) and as I'm lying in bed a new ending comes to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment